Liquid Scrap Dots
I absolutely love Liquid Scrap Dots. One of the most unique adhesives on the market, it allows me to create unlimited dimension on my projects. I don’t have to stack anything or be careful where I put glue so it doesn’t hit air. All I need to do is squeeze out my desired amount of Liquid Scrap dots and stick! It squishes into all the crevices so I get dimension where I need it. And once it dries, the embellishments are secure and supported!
I also love notebooks. Even though much of my life is organized via electronic gadgets, there is still just something about writing in a notebook that makes me happy. Since it is the first day of spring, I decided to celebrate with a new notebook full of dimension.
- Helmar Adhesives—Liquid Scrap Dots and 450 Quick Dry Adhesive
- Clearsnap–Ancient Page Ink (Coral Red), Pigment Ink (Canary, Moss Green), Chalk ink (Sour Apple)
- Stampendous–Petal Plus Stamp Set
- Scribble Scrabble–Evelyn’s Collection Papers
- White Cardstock
- Plain spiral notebook
- Remove covers from notebook. Cut paper to fit covers, then mark and cut holes for spiral binding. Glue paper to front and back covers with 450 Quick Dry Adhesive. Reassemble notebook.
- Stamp 5 large flower-print petals in Sour Apple ink, 3 “bloom” printed petals in Coral Red, # medium flower print petals in Moss Green, and 3 small dotted petals in Canary onto white cardstock. Cut out petals leaving thin white border.
- Stamp one stem and 2 swirled circles in Moss Green, and one dotted circle in Sour Apple. Cut out images. Cut small rectangle of white cardstock and stamp “smile” in Coral Red. Edge in Canary.
- Arrange largest petals as desired on notebook cover. Apply thin layer of Liquid Scrap Dots to underside of petals and attach, lifting ~ 1/16 inch.
5. Repeat step 4 using Coral Red, Moss Green and Canary petals.
Glue one green swirl circle to center of flower using Liquid Scrap Dots . *note how the Liquid Scrap Dots is able to get into all the layers to support the entire embellishment. Can’t do that with foam!*
6. Use Liquid Scrap Dots to attach flower stem under flower layers. Layer
remaining Moss Green circle, Sour Apple dotted circle and sentiment
rectangle in lower right corner of notebook.
7. Cover pen with coordinating paper using 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.
That’s all there is to it! Strong, easy dimension for any embellishment. I’ve used Liquid Scrap Dots with paper, wood, metal, chipboard, flowers, clay, and even ribbon. It has worked wonderfully with everything I’ve tried.
Want to try some yourself? Leave a comment on this post to be entered into the drawing to win a tube of your own. I’ll pick a winner on Monday!
Then, hop on over to see what Laura Achilles has in store for the next step! Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time…